Friday, March 1, 2013

The Power Of A Color

If your kids are like mine they all have their favorite colors and with colors comes identification.  Recently, my son's coach asked him why Green?  My son loves green and has been using this as his signature color since he started skating 4 years ago.  He has green gloves, green laces, a green stick, green mouth guards, green hockey tape as well as green hockey water bottle and each piece travels with him for every game!



Recently, we had to replace his gloves and they gloves had to be green.  A few of the kids on his team have identified with different colors as well such as Pink, Red and Yellow.  What is so great about kids identifying with color?  I think it may not be so much the color as the fact that they have committed to something, such as color, they are showing something new about themselves, by designing their sticks decked out in hockey tape of choice color.

From a parent's perspective I have found the color that my son has chosen to use very helpful in finding him on the ice.  I simply look for the stick or the gives and then I know I have positively found him because let's face it, all the kids look the same at this age with their helmets on!  The colors on the stick and gloves have also helped us during tournament time because we have been very able to select him from all photos when we select photos from the pro photographers that come on site!(TRUST me, after 3 days of playing and 100's of photos the less we have to do to identify our photos the better).

Color is a powerful tool and while it helps us identify our child in photos it also let's our child identify with something he likes, and allows his individuality in a game that is very much TEAM!

Check out your pro shop for the great colors of tape, gloves, helmets and neck guards available because there are lots!






These are my opinions, yours may differ.



No comments:

Post a Comment